Expertise in glass, cement, industrial minerals and materials industry
CHOVET, a trusted partner for your projects in the fields of glass, cement, industrial minerals and the materials industry.
Since December 2022, CHOVET-DB2i, a company specialized in industrial engineering services, has become CHOVET and takes a new step in its development by reorganizing its capital around the management team. These members hold the majority with the support of the “FRI Auvergne Rhône-Alpes 2” régional investment funds and Demathieu Bard. This is an excellent opportunity for CHOVET to launch a new development cycle by providing, among other things, a solution to the major challenges of the energy transition and the decarbonization of industry.
- Feasibility studies for greenfield and brownfield plants
- Basic and detailed design (FEED)
- Technical audits and due diligence
- Tailored solutions for plant improvement and refurbishment
- Strategy for low-cost procurement
- Full Engineering Procurement and Construction projects in the of medium-size plants.
- Construction in collaboration with high-level manufacturers for batch plants, vertical mills, ball mills, lime kilns, bag-houses and handling equipment
- Complete range of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services, from basic studies through to commissioning
How do our engineers work?
Our process engineers produce facility process diagrams, our automation engineers recommend automation principles and perform functional analyses, and our design engineers optimize installations based on a project’s economic and technical constraints.
CHOVET has carried out several feasibility studies and master plan studies for national and international clients. This usually entails identifying potential engineering solutions, economic estimates, and social and environmental status assessments, as well as conducting the initial review of possibilities and selecting the best options.
Why CHOVET ?
- Our Strength, own resources, and financial independence
- Recognized in France and worldwide for 50 years
- QHSE and CSR policies
- Commitment and a sense of responsibility
- Quick to adapt; short turnaround on decision-making
- Organizational strength: a high level of resources, team spirit
- Our engineers draft proposals based on their experience worldwide: European Union, Latin America, North America, Africa, Middle East, etc.
They trust us: LHOIST, IMERYS, OMYA, ETEX, HOLCIM, HEIDELBERG, VICAT, AL SAFWA, SAVERGLASS, O-I MANUFACTURING, BACCARAT, SOTUVER, VIDRIO FORMAS, GROUPE SAINT GOBAIN, PRAYON, FRANCOIS PERRIN, SECHE ENVIRONNEMENT, DALKIA WASTE ENERGY, ENERTIME, etc.
Our key projectsGlass industry
Cement and industrial minerals
We have been designing and building cement, lime, and various mineral treatment plants for over 50 years, often on a turnkey basis.
Our clients benefit from our skill and expertise in areas such as:
- Cement and coal milling/terminals
- Process workshop upgrades (raw milling, cooler)
- Process filter transformation
- Loading and unloading of trains and trucks
- Transport of minerals and powders by conveyors, bucket lifts, air slides or pneumatically,
- Storage of powders such as: alumina, gypsum, lime, plaster, clinker, cement, petcoke and coal
- Lime kiln and associated upstream and downstream treatment facilities
- Production units for minerals: calcium carbonate, talc, kaolin
- Crushing, screening, attrition, conveying and stockpiling for raw material preparation dry or wet phase
- Mineral and end-product treatment facilities
- Specific safety devices and facilities
- Installation of treatment and carbon capture facilities
- Installation of alternative raw materials and fuels
CHOVET’s know-how guarantees a high level of project management and control (budget, schedule, quality and risk) as well as a client-oriented approach at every stage of the project.
CHOVET has built a team of complementary and jointly responsible specialists with 50 years’ experience in designing and building glass production plants.
Our engineers have successfully completed projects around the world in the fields of containers, tableware, flat glass, glass wool, rock wool, fiberglass, television tube glass, and ceramic glass, as well as insulation and reinforcement:
- Batch plant,
- Treatment and preheating (raw materials and/or cullet),
- Furnace (with regenerators, recuperators, electricity, oxy-fuel combustion process),
- Hot end,
- Cold end,
- Civil engineering and infrastructures,
- Fluid and electricity utilities,
- CFD modelling of the building ventilation system,
- Filtration and energy recovery system.
We have significant experience of working within operating constraints and of the challenges associated with modifying installations that are part of operating units.
CHOVET monitors all trades intervening in the various phases of construction, and our expertise in working on existing facilities enables us to complete even the most complex of projects.
Having developed expertise across a variety of disciplines, we are renowned for our ability to work on innovative projects in the domain of high added value materials production.
Thanks to its multidisciplinary expertise, CHOVET is now recognised for its ability to support innovative projects regarding the production of high value-added materials, paying special consideration to environmental conditions and energy optimization.
We have conducted studies and projects in a variety of materials, including
- glass wool,
- plastic film,
- wood fiber insulation,
- aluminum production and recycling, carbon and graphite.